Translate

Monday, March 16, 2015

Tree Bird Hop Day 2 - March 16th


Sew Peace To Peace
Moose Stash Quilting
Buzzing and Bumbling
I Piece 2 Mary
Quilt Doodles
Just Let Me Quilt
Les Quilts
A Stitch In Time

While at the guild meeting Saturday a few friends were working on projects and I snapped a couple of photos of their works.  



 Recognize this Edita Sitar's applique design?  My cousin Diane is making a baby quilt for a friend's grandchild.  She does impeccable work and is so quick to laugh at things.  For instance when I was complementing her work she pointed out the levitating bird.  she's too funny  ...lol  That levitation part will be fixed but she won't be able to bring it to the next meeting since the baby will have it by then.   I asked her to please send a photo of it when it's done.  Her colors are fantastic.


This next share is what Shawn was working on.  Some fussy work on her crazy patch block.  
Isn't it fantastic?  
Well you may ask what does this have to do with tree birds,  
Let me show you.

Notice the hummingbird in the upper right corner.  
It's just a perfect detail with all those other beads, pearls, sequins, rhinestones and lace isn't it.


Then in the lower left corner check out the pearl eggs in the nest.  
Absolutely stunning Shawn!


Both of these are projects I'd love to do too, maybe someday. But in the meantime reality is kicking back in and I have some other bird goodness to finish.

TTFN,
Jane



No comments: