Translate

Friday, February 13, 2015

Echinacea Loop de Loop quilt pattern

Can I get a Whoot Hoot?   Am linking this up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

I finished the Skinny Strips Quilt on Wednesday.  It's a free pattern available at All People Quilt and was easy to do.  It started as a community service day project at the guild in Glens Falls.  Instead of following the pattern next time with so much waste, I'd sew 2  WOF strips Colored band and background together end to end.  Then cut the background fabric at different locations to offset the colored bands throughout the quilt top all the while keeping the steady 79 - 80" long 2 jelly roll strip units to have a wider quilt.  Each unit finishes at 2" so you can multiply that number to gauge how long you want the quilt.  ie:  36 strips would be 72",   40 strips would be 80", etc....  This looks great with the sampling of different background fabrics both white and cream.


Found a nice print in my stash to use for the binding.



Quilted it with a LOOP de Loop Enchinacea design (my own concept) which improved immensely with practice on my domestic sewing machine.  It was quilted in vertical bands since the quilt layout was horizontal stripes , I thought it complemented the design better.  That design also allowed the quilting to nest somewhat together.   Used a Valdani Dusty Pinks & Blues for both the top and bottom threads.  It's a nice long Staple cotton that's a 35 wt and 3 ply thread which is a hand dyed Variegated.
Found these Quilter tips handy to use with out my hands getting too hot, I'll definitely be using these again. The larger Supreme Slider was also perfect and a huge help.  : )




It's a good size, 62" x 72",  a pretty nice size for a nap quilt.  
Another community Service quilt is totally done and will be turned in on Saturday.  Whoot hoot!

Though it's too late to add my linky with Shanna at Fiber of All Sorts,   I 'll be getting to my February goal of more quilting on the 40 diamonds quilt.  I have another idea spurning.  lol....    I hope I can get that second quilt done for a second finish towards the Q1 with AYLoF hosted by Adrianne, the wonderful quilter and conspirator extraordinaire.  Her blog is  On the Windy Side for the Q1 challenge and come April you can link up for the second quarter.

It's so cold here today -16 F  that with the wind chill they're saying it's like -30 F !
Lol,  Even the penguins would be dancing if they lived around here that is  to stay warm.  LOL
Copied the image from Sarah's blog when I saw it.  It's too cute!

Stay warm,
Jane

4 comments:

Carol said...

YAY! Another gorgeous quilt, Jane--it looks amazing. So sorry to hear about the extreme cold (and hear I was complaining about 3°!!)... Hope it warms up soon for you!

Carole @ Fresh off the Frame said...

I love your header! Are the fabrics hand-dyed? Simply gorgeous. Congrats on a fantastic finish. Someone will surely cherish that napping quilt!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my turn for the penguins is coming this week. =P Love your quilt and the quilting design is great.

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

So pretty!