Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

December beginnings and November's New FO.....

Was  away for Thanksgiving and now that I'm home am getting the home ready for Christmas.  My creativity has hit a slump recently and  it's been slow progress with several UFOs.   My lungs are also giving me their usual fits that happens at this time of year too. 
 
 
After receiving an order from Annie's Catolog with items I thought could be helpful with marking the "Tweet Camping quilt" that I'd like to quilt more in three different area.  I received the Sullivans 6 in 1 marking pencil, not sure if I like this yet) and the Clover quilting transfer mesh. 
My ideas for more quilting on this quilt is"
  1.  the brown sashing with a diamond row,
  2. the wild print of birds fabric using either a small meander or quilt the outlines of the birds and flowers it contains
  3.  the stacks of four blocks to be quilted with an X in each.
Since some of it is quilted, the measurements are a bit off and I'm trying to find the easest and best way to mark those diamond rows in that dark brown.  Wish me luck!
 
The lil' MIss Shabby June block is almost done. 
Only the flowers left to sew after they get marked (ah hum... for the fourth time that is!).
 
Started this next project in November as a NEW FO.  It's a counted cross stitch fob from Shephards Bush design called Scaredy Sheep.  It's been on my want to do some day list for several years so with  
Barb's New FO challenge, seems to be just the right push for me to start something new, thanks Barb!

 
While cleaning up to decorate I thought of hiding my CXS (counted cross stitch) project in a quote worthy box on the mantel.  Makes it readily available, but not so messy by setting it on a TV tray which is my usual mode.


Looks so much better doesn't it! 
 
Currently the stockings are hung, some decorations are out, and many gifts wrapped.  Who knows, perhaps I'll be ahead of the game this year.

The list of four for this week are:
  • Flowers stitched onto Lil Miss Shabby
  • 2 threads sewn onto Scaredy Sheep fob
  • Start the knitting the slouchy hat                                                                                                                           (Need to purchase some knitting needles, I have everyother size but these!)
  • Label PGD#1 advent calendar
Keep sane and warm,
Jane

Did you know that Schmetz needles has a "cheat sheet' of which needles are which for their color banded needles?
Here's a handy link where you can print out that chart in an 8x10 format or here for two 4x6 versions. 
I printed out both for a reference though I do have a needle wheel where I can select which needle is in my machine whenever I change it and that way I always know what is in my machine.  It's very handy and when I see another sale with these will get a couple more for the granddaughter's machine and my portable Bernina too.  They are that handy!
 

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Your Crosstitch looks amazing, as do your other projects. I used to do a lot of Crosstitch. Maybe I will pick it up again sometime. I have a cross stitch sampler I started for my son when he was eight. He is 34 now, and it is still not finished. Maybe when he has his first baby I will finish it up.