Translate

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Stash Report #15 of 2013

Good to report that another 3 Yards were used this week with 3 pillowcases made for PGD#1.  What's that?  Yeah Me!  Two weeks in a row.  Maybe I'm on a new improved trend? 
Can I get a Hoot whoot?

The stash report for this week is: 
Stash In: 0 Yards
Stash Out: 3 Yards

YTD In: 47.75 Yards
YTD Used/Out the Door: 28.5 yards


That's a Net gain this year of 19.25 more yards into stash for this year (finally under 20 yard mark again, promise I'll be good for awhile and stop adding to my gains).
 
 
 
 
With those 3 pillowcases tallied into this week's stash report but were actually finished today. 
Sometimes there are just not enough hours in a week!   
 
Would you believe that bright striped fabric was setting in my stash and I thought it worked well enough with all the other colors in the Field of Flowers quilt that I finished at the beginning of the year.  It could be that perfect blend, but yet  something a little different so it wasn't all matchy matchy if you know what I mean. 
 
What do you think? 
 
Here's a closeup showing how intense those colors in the stripes.  They are a bit overwhelming if I used a bunch of it, but using just a hint of it in the areas I did, I like the looks just fine.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I made three pillowcases since PGD#1 has a trundle bed, thus  2 cases were absolutely needed and made one extra just in case. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here they are laying on top of that quilt,
just in case you forgot what it looked like.  : o )
 
 
Also, I am thrilled that the 10 minute blocks made out of those batiks are totally done! 
 
That makes 20 really big blocks that will each finish at 19".  Planning on using them in a grid of 4 blocks wide by 5 blocks high.  They will be shelved for the rest of this month so I can get to my other get 'er done items that were listed for April.   Hopefully in May I'll remember to list them to get the top sewn togehter. 
  I'm just loving this disected way of approaching my projects lately.   Talk about progress without the pain.  
Just like eating an elephant ........ One bite at a time!
 
The next focus for this week will be the pom pom project that I need to have finished
for the 29th for the Shake your Pom poms blog hop.   
What I was planning to make may have to change since in my excitement I showed lil' Miss PGD#1 what I intended and she doesn't think she'll like it. 
 
Stop the Presses! 
What!!! 
I think it'd be so stinkin' cute and she doesn't think she'll like it? 
How does a 7 year old have that much huxepah
to tell her Grandmother that she doesn't think that she'll like it? 
Humph! 
I think I'll be making it any way and we'll just see about that! 
Can ya tell I'm miffed just a tad. 
 
Well besides getting that pompom project going, the other 2  focuses for this next week will be to finish quilting that Convergence wallhanging and to cut out another A Little Something Jacket in between Dr's Appointments and other commitments already arranged.
 
TTFN,
Jane
 


 

1 comment:

Lori said...

the stripe was absolutely perfect. Oh I laughed at a 7yo telling her grandmother she doesn't think she'll like it!